How about a new Model X Easter Egg Dance?
Would love to integrate the trip-planning tool on the website into the Tesla app. I like planning trips from my phone before getting into the car. Would also be cool to store planned trips and push them from the app to the car when ready.
Was thinking about the battery not charging as quickly as it would l when it’s warm out. What if you had a heated cover around the battery that you could turn on during cold weather charge like how you turn the heater on in the car to warm up, then you can shut it off when it’s done charging . Also maybe extra compacitors could help quicken the charge as well. Another thought could be a different kind of warming coolant to add to the case of the battery like regular coolant. Maybe use a magnetic vibrations to speed up the molecules to warm up the battery.
This is about the autopilot mode.
I’ve noticed that the car will drift to the right or left when it sees a dotted line instead of a solid line. To fix this have the car recognize the white color of the line since that’s the standard color of the berm markings. This way regardless of the solid or dotted line it will still stay on track on the road.
As far as the white lines curving like i’ve see as well. have the satellite system map the roads according to your destination and show that you need to stay on the road in a straight line and not venture from that road.
I have an idea about the front sensors getting covered in snow and ice. When I was in the navy we have an airplane that on the edge of the wing a section of it inflates just enough to break the snow or ice off. it’s on an E-2 Hawkeye. We called them boots. maybe Mr.Musk can make a section around the sensors inflate to get the ice and snow off
Here are my few wish list items:
1. Two factor and or fingerprint authentication for app and website
2. Capability to send messages to the car from app
3. Adjust scheduled charge time from the app
4. Show theoretical time remaining before charging (to calculate ideal time to start charging so charge finishes when you need it done) - even better, have a preferred END time so charging is done right when you need it. Good for home charging. Also will prompt your scheduled time to be earlier if you likely won't charge to your limit setting. Could also hook into your calendar. App could ask you if you wanted to adjust scheduled one or start charging immediately.
5. Like to save notifications somewhere so they don't disappear, like a log. Sometimes I want to go back and see my notification history, but they disappear when I click on them. Save them in the app would be great.
6. Motion sensor/broken glass detector to send notifications to the app and trigger alarm. Currently, the alarm only triggers when someone opens he door from the inside which is not as useful.
7. Playback utility for dashcam videos in car.
8. Autopilot lane positioning for: a) stop/go traffic - maximize side gap between adjacent lane. b) also maximize gap between adjacent passing vehicles c) passing freeway entrance if already on freeway in RHS lane, car should be positioned to the left and not veer right at all
9. Navigate on autopilot (drive on nav), make lane changes earlier without slowing down.
10. Autopilot - Slow down later when exiting freeway
11. Love the heavier regenerative braking in track mode and really want it to be available during normal driving, but with all the safety features.
12. Supercharger status lights on each charger like a traffic light. Green means available, yellow means split charge, and red means in use. All superchargers are slightly different, so helpful to newcomers to the area, so you don't have to guess or get out and check supercharger numbers a/b etc.
I wish the side mirrors moved out further. Proper alignment shows the blind spots, no need to see the rear of the car. When set up properly you can see a car in your rear view mirror, then when it leaves from that view it will enter into the view of your sideview mirror. excellent article here:
I wish the teslacam would automatically download footage when an incident occurs such as an accident.
I was thinking what if there were Micro fans or holes like pores in a skin that when air rushes through it, it charges the cars battery. so in a sense the body of the car is like skin. thus a way of gathering static electricity to charge the battery or how an egg gathers air through its shell for the baby chicken.
or mix a material into the asphalt in the roads that helps produce static electricity that the car can collect while driving. like how you run a vacuum across a hardwood floor trying to pickup animal hair. it won’t pick it up bc the static charge holds it to the floor.
You know how you can charge a cell phone by putting it on a recharger plate. Why not recharge a Tesla the same way? you buy a recharge plate and install it on your garage floor, and when you park your car over top of it it’ll automatically start charging like the cell phone.
I know it would have to be a large plate but you wouldn’t have to plug it in anymore. Even when you go to charging stations just pull up and it starts automatically.
Can you please make Traffic Aware Cruise Control available without purchasing EAP? It's standard on many very basic cars these days and many of us don't drive enough on the highway for EAP to be a practical choice considering its price. Also, can you add a audible warning to blind spot detection. I don't look at the centre console when changing lanes. Thanks!
We received a request from Tesla to book an appointment for servicing our Model 3. Problem, we are in Manitoba and received our car by delivery truck from Calgary. There is no way at this time to drive to Calgary or any other Tesla Service as superchargers are not yet in place. Anyone else in this position and if so how did you solve it? Will call Calgary Tesla next week but I don’t think they will have a solution. Perhaps a diagnostic could be done by internet hookup? I know we can’t expect a lot of super chargers until more Tesla cars sold in our area.
I would love an audible alert in The Blind spot detection feature when the turn signal is engaged in both autopilot and manual driving. I would like to be able to turn on my seat warmer from the phone app. And for fun I would love a Christmas Easter egg in the model 3 that has synchronized music and lights similar to the model X.
Heated steering wheel with multiple levels, some 64 gb inbuilt storage for dashcam,audio. power trunk lift and close. birds eye parking camera.
A proper entertainment system where Spotify & DAB radio both work properly!
Windows to close from key fob/app
360 deg parking cameras
It would be great if the imminent improvements to the 2170 cell could be integrated in the 18650 cell for S and X
In addition to what David Allen said below, is it possible to have a gas can sized battery pack to put some charge back in? It might be a useful to be able to call someone up in an emergency if you run out of power, and need to add just 10 to 20 miles range to make it to a charger.
I wish the car had 360 view when parking like some Toyota's have, like the new Rav4.
All model Tesla's should be able to charge other EVs through their DC port (or power a house via a transfer switch). "Jumper cables" would allow the Tesla's battery to charge a CHAdeMO port on a Leaf, or a DCQC port on a Bolt. Once hooked up, the Tesla owner can allocate a percentage of his battery's power to be used to charge the battery of the other vehicle (Obviously, one Tesla should be able to charge another with a similar jump cable for Teslas.
This would go pretty far with helping assuage people's worries of getting stranded and the expense of a tow. After all, any model Tesla is a giant battery only wheels, so why not use it as a virtual "5kWh gas can" .
Audible sound when blinker is on and car in blind spot. PLEASE!
I wish Tesla would require a PIN to disable remote access,this is a better solution to theft deterrent than relying on the "PIN to drive", which the model 3 does not have.